This is a veggie I saw for the first time at my in-laws place. This is a nice variation to the normal ‘cut vegetables’ routine – it uses grated mooli, and prolly that is the reason it takes very less time to cook. The sweetness of peas complements the radish taste pretty well and this is a great weekngiht dinner candidate.
3 radish / moolis – washed, peeled and grated (do not remove the water that oozes out. We want the mooli to cook in its own flavors)
radish greens / mooli ke patte – washed and chopped fine (optional)
half cup shelled peas
1 green chilli, half inch piece of ginger – chopped coarsly
Salt as per taste, garam masala – optional
1 tspn jeera, 1 tspn ajwain, half tspn turmeric
2 tspn oil
1. Heat oil in a kadhai/frying pan.
2. Once hot, add jeera, ajwain, turmeric.
3. Add the chopped chilli and ginger and let it sizzle for a minute.
4. Add the grated mooli, chopped greens (if using), mix and cook, covered.
5. After nearly 7 to 8 minutes, when you feel the mooli is semi-cooked, add the peas and salt. Cover again till cooked.
6. Add garam masala and mix. Garnish with cilantro, serve with daal and roti.